[imp] sidebar overlap

R Phillips R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 15:19:51 UTC 2014

On 31/03/14 04:20, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting R Phillips <R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk>:

>>> I can't quite work out what is going wrong with my install, imp sets it
>>> at 150, turba doesn't set it at all and overlaps the content window, and
>>> horde appears to ignore the sidebar_width setting as it makes no
>>> difference.  I was wondering if this is set by javascript instead, I can
>>> see the resize events, but not the setting to 150.  The turba menu
>>> cannot be stretched/resized, but this wasn't possible in 5.1.3 either.
>>>
>>> horde/config/prefs.local.php setting (large for testing):
>>>
>>> $_prefs['sidebar_width']['value'] = 350;
>>>
>>> echoing the Horde_View_Sidebar Object indicates $this->width is not set
>>> to any value.
>>>
>>> Horde_View_Sidebar Object
>>> (
>>>     [_templatePath:Horde_View_Base:private] => Array
>>>         (
>>>             [0] =>
>>> /www/vhosts/webmail/horde/imp/lib/../../templates/sidebar/
>>>             [1] => ./
>>>         )
>>>
>>>     [_file:Horde_View_Base:private] =>
>>> /www/vhosts/webmail/horde/imp/lib/../../templates/sidebar/sidebar.html.php
>>>
>>>     [_helpers:Horde_View_Base:private] => Array
>>>         (
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>>     [containers] => Array
>>>         (
>>>         )
>>>
>>>     [width] =>
>>>     [left] => left:
>>>     [newLink] => <a id="composelink" class="icon">
>>>     [newText] => New Message
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>

>> It's beginning to look like no preferences are being loaded at all
>> (hence the custom theme not appearing).  What should I expect to see if
>> I inspect the $GLOBALS['prefs'] in lib/View/Sidebar.php
>>
>> The array is set, but no sidebar_width there...
>
> Something is very wrong with your setup then.  You should check to make
> sure you haven't overwritten horde/config/prefs.php.
>
> michael
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

As much as I would like to be able to suggest that whatever it was that
went wrong wasn't my fault... I can't.  A clean install does rectify the
situation.  I will re-add the customisations one-by-one and find out
what exactly caused this to go wrong, the other issue with the portal
appears resolved now and it's applying the styles correctly.  Sorry all.