[imp] Strange Problem

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Apr 1 03:20:14 UTC 2014

----- Message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> ---------
    Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:10:00 +0100
    From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [imp] Strange Problem
      To: imp at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von cyx <cyx at gmx.at>:
>
>> Hi Jan,
>> "Lesen fehlgeschlagen: (32) No such object"

>> page/setting,
>>> nothing helped.

>>> *Which* error message?
>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>
> Sounds like you are using LDAP which you should have mentioned.
>
> IIRC there has been a similar report in the past, please check the archives.
>
> Check logs too.
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject

----- End message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----

As per my knowledge, the problem is due to contact lists stored in
local address book created using LDAP objects.  The way the object of
LDAP is stored in localsql is w.r.t the full hierarchy. For example,
userA is stored as 'cn=userA,ou=A, ou=B, ou=C,dc=xx' in localsql/local
addressbook for a contact list entry.  If there is any change in
hierarchy of UserA in LDAP, we get this error.  In Horde 3, the
specific object like 'UserA' was not getting listed in contact list
contents, if there is a change in Hierarchy in LDAP.

--
           Regards
            Anant