[imp] Server does not support TLS connections.

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Apr 4 04:14:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

After upgrading Horde and IMP, I cannot access anything anymore.

I got an error saying: Server does not support TLS connections.
with the error message ending with:

38. Horde_Imap_Client_Socket->_login()
/usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Base.php:744

In my syslog I also get: HORDE: [imp] Server does not support TLS
connections. [pid 44223 on line 94 of
"/web/csim/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Imap/Exception.php"]

1) where is Horde log located? I could not find a file that looks like
that?

2) the previous version of horde/imp was one year old, was there some
significant changes in the meantime that could explain the error?

3) the mail server has been updated too, but I stuill can access it with
Thunderbird for example, using TLS. It's a courier-imap and the
capabilities mention STARTTLS:

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.

Any help is much welcome.

best regards,

Olivier