[imp] Forward modes

Ruben Squartini ruben at auger.org.ar
Wed Apr 16 20:30:47 UTC 2014

Hi Michael!

Trying different ways to give our users some ways to deal with what they
intend to do, we found that there is no way to forward as other mail client
do, let me explain it...

On several mail clients, when you choose to forward a mail, the body is set
between markers, together with some headers, and the original attachments
are set as attachments of the new message.

In Horde you can choose only to use the body of the forwarded mail (with no
attachments), set the whole mail as attachment (including body and
attachments) or to "Edit as New", what uses the original body with no
markers at all as the new body (and set original attachemnts as attachemnts
of the new message).

It is very complex to add an option to forward mails in the first explained
way, as others do?

We are using latest stable code installed and updated weekly through
"pear".

Thank you in advance,
Ruben.