[imp] Batch import mbox files into individual folders

Administrator BCS adje at bezoekerscentrumsonsbeek.nl
Sun Apr 27 17:55:40 UTC 2014

We are migrating from Openwebmail to Horde. Some of our users made a lot of
subfolders in their Openwebmail account over the years, up to 250 per user.
We need to transfer them all to Horde. Mail folders are stored by
Openwebmail as individual mbox files for each folder so they import into
Horde without problems. The process being:

   *   Login as user #x
   *   create a (sub) mailfolder with the name of the mbox file
   *   import the mbox file in the newly created folder
   *   repeat 2-3 until all mbox files of this user are done
   *   repeat 1-5 for all users

Normally this is something I would leave to the users but with so many
mailboxes per user it might be a good idea trying to automate things a bit.
Step 2-3 would be sufficient. So I would need a script that reads the
content of a directory with mbox files, create a mailfolder in Horde for
each file named after that file, and imports each mbox file in the
corresponding folder.

Unfortunately I have little to no php knowledge. I made a futily effort and
if I am not mistaken /var/www/horde/imp/lib/Basic/Folders.php is called for
creating folders and /var/www/horde/imp/lib/Mbox/Import.php handles import.
Is that correct?
My question: can I use those scripts, calling them passing appropiate
parameters to them? If so, what parameters do they expect? Or can you point
me towards another solution for batch import of mbox files?
Thanks,
Martin
--
Systeembeheer Bezoekerscentrum Sonsbeek