[imp] Killed hhorde/imp ...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 14 05:38:03 UTC 2014

Quoting cyx <cyx at gmx.at>:

> Hi
>
> Did a pear install -a today, resulted in a totally dead horde/imp. After
> login, the only response I get is: Fatal error: Cannot override final method
> Horde_Core_Notification_Handler_Decorator_Base::notify() in
> /usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/Notification/Handler/Decorator/ImapAlerts.php
> on line 25
>
> Not even the test.php scrip responds .
>
> Anyone with any idea, what went wrong  during the update (updates went
> smooth, no error messages at all).
>
> Regards Werner

You are running Horde_Core 2.12.0alpha1 with IMP 6.1.

Which would work... except that I explicitly made a commit in February
that documented that those functions couldn't be marked as final due
to BC, and then never removed the final designations.  This has been
fixed for the next version of Horde_Core.

michael