[imp] Individuals controlling Out of Office - Auto Reply themselves.

Michael Ruddock michaelruddock at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:19:31 UTC 2014

Hello

I originally posted this question about a month ago but got no response.

My problem - Currently if a user wants to turn on an "Out of Office
Auto-Reply". I have to do it for them.

I've hunted high and low within the webmail client for an option that
allows a user to turn on the equivalent of an "Out of Office - Auto Reply"
with no success.

So I have to login to Plesk and do it for them, like this:

   1. Login to Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4.
   2. Choose Subscriptions.
   3. Choose Domain > Open in Control Panel.
   4. Click Mail > E-mail Addresses.
   5. Choose the email address in question e.g. home at domain.com.
   6. Click the Auto-Reply Tab.
   7. Tick the "Switch on auto-reply" check-box.
   8. Type out the message. e.g. "Bob is on holiday until Tuesday"
   9. Click OK.

I then have to set myself a reminder so I don't forget to turn it off!

Is there not another way to do this? I way in which individuals can have
control over the Auto Reply themselves or am I missing something really
obvious here?

I'm using:

   - OS Linux 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64
   - Panel version 10.4.4 Update #57, last updated at April 8, 2014 03:31 AM
   - IMP H3 - Horde (4.3.9) IMP H3 (4.3.9)

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Best Regards.

Michael