[imp] Adding a new user

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Fri May 23 14:40:19 UTC 2014

On 05/23/14 09:56 AM, ronan at cryptob.in wrote:
> Yes, a mean a new email account.
>
> There is only one user an he is the admin.
>
> $conf[auth][driver] is set to "Let a Horde application hadle auth"
> $conf[auth][params][app] is set to "imp"
>
> I can go to the user config when logged in but is tells me:
> "Your authentication backend does not support adding users. If you
> wish to use Horde to administer user accounts, you must use a
> different authentication backend."

Then Horde is using your IMAP server (dovecot) for authentication.
You need to add new IMAP users to your dovecot server separately
(outside Horde).
Then the user can login to Horde with his IMAP account.

If you want to make the new user a Horde administrator, add his username
to the $conf[auth][admins] list in Horde's Administration >
Configuration > Horde > Authentication tab