[imp] Address auto complete - sort order?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jul 9 21:05:05 UTC 2014

Quoting Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org>:

> Specifics: Horde 5.1.1, Imp 6.1.6, Turba 4.1.3
>

> We have a few staff members with the same first name and we're
> trying to figure out email address are sorted for the auto complete
> function on email addresses.
>
> We have a pair of Janet's and they are appearing in *reverse*
> alphabetical order by name. Is this the default?

The default is to sort by the Levenshtein distance
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance).  TL;DR: it is
roughly sorted by how close the search string matches the results.

Results are returned from Turba in no specified order.  It is backend
dependent, so there currently is no guarantee as to result order.

michael