[imp] Remote account configuration

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jul 23 04:53:06 UTC 2014

> Hi,
>
> I have trouble configuring remote accounts on my horde-webmail installation.
>
> Basically, I have a main adress contact at mydomain.com
> and I want to create remote accounts for other adresses such as
> job at mydomain.com.
>
> I used Preferences -> Mail -> Remote account to create a remote account,
> but now I don't know how to receive mails coming on this adress. I don't
> have any new folder and I don't receive any mail for this adress in the
> mail app.
>
> I am using horde 5.2.0 with imp 6.2.0
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Danaël. Cholleton

Remote accounts is to fetch mail from pre-existing POP3 or IMAP
accounts on other mail systems. You don't 'create' a remote account in
that Preference page, you provide details on how to access it so it
can be read in Imp.

 From what you have described (unless I am not understanding it
correctly) you are looking to have additional email accounts on your
own domain - which is not a remote account.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16