[imp] Disk Quota prevents login

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Jul 23 13:45:31 UTC 2014

On 07/22/2014 05:23 PM, Andy Dorman wrote:
> On 07/22/2014 04:14 PM, Art Stephens wrote:
>> I installed and turned on quotas on our email server running ubuntu.
>> With quota enabled I am unable to log in.
>>
>> The login page just re-presents itself every time I click log in.
>> My quota was set to unlimited.
>>
>> Was not able to log in until I turned off quota.
>>
>> Horde groupware 5.2.0
>> Operating system Ubuntu Linux 12.04.4
>> Linux 3.11.0-24-generic on x86_64
>> Mail (imp) 6.2.0
>>
>> Any help
>>

> Are you sure quotas are set up on your IMAP server?
>
> What are your Horde & IMAP server log messages when this happens?
>
> We have the same versions of Horde & IMP and use quotas all the time
> with Cyrus with no problem.

FWIW, displaying IMAP quotas for horde 5.2/imp 6.2 is enabled in our
system using the default config in imp/config/backends.php for the
"advanced" IMAP server:

     'quota' => array(
         'driver' => 'imap',
         'params' => array(
             'hide_when_unlimited' => true,
             'unit' => 'MB'
         )
     ),

Then we enable the "advanced" server and disable the base "imap" server
in our imp/config/backends.local.php

$servers ['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$servers ['advanced']['disabled'] = false;

This works fine with a Cyrus IMAP server.  Our signup web server sets
the IMAP quotas in the Cyrus IMAP server when an address is added.
System administrators can modify the Cyrus IMAP quotas as needed using
our admin console.

Hope this helps.

--
Andy Dorman