[imp] Is there a Mail View Option to Disable Split Screen (Message Pane)

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Thu Aug 14 07:40:16 UTC 2014

I'm trying to find a way to disable the split right frame of the mail
view that shows the content of the message when selecting a message.
Most mail clients considers this a preview or view pane... Microsoft's
Outlook refer to it as, "Reading Pane".  I always disable it for many
reasons, which includes problems related to selecting message ranges
when clicking a message and having it automatically opened unintended.
I don't want messages that I haven't had time to actually read marked as
read while scrolling through the list.  You also loose a lot of view
real-estate that could be used in listing more messages to choose from.

This has always been possible in all my other versions of Imp which I
have run in the past.

I've gone through all the Global Preference options and can't see it in
an obvious place.  There used to be a php file to edit to configure some
system wide defaults.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James