[imp] imp Digest, Vol 3664, Issue 1

info at interpost.biz info at interpost.biz
Fri Aug 15 07:22:33 UTC 2014

Dovecot does need the full user at domain.com address.

> I didn't say this.  I said the IMAP LOGIN command doesn't accept
> non-ASCII characters.  But the IMAP AUTHENTICATE command does (which
> Horde/IMP supports).

Once I authenticate and login to horde (not imp) using the IDN (this
has always worked), I am able to login separately - in a second login
task - to imp - if I use the punycode (unacceptable to the end-user,
of course), so the problem is only that the IMAP login command doesn't
accept accented characters or all the utf-8 characters.

SO, can this be changed, and are the horde team going to change this
so that it does accept all the utf-8 characters?

Secondly, is there a workaround that you or anyone knows of? For
example, changing a file to use a different php function to escape or
validate/control a GET form input ?  Do I have to use roundcube or
squirrelmail frontend at present so that IDN's don't have to be
entered in their punycode?

Thanks for your help on this.

Ed