[imp] How to set 'Sent Items' to be the default Sent Mail Special Folder

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Aug 18 15:27:19 UTC 2014

On 08/18/2014 11:20 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com>:
>
>> Can someone help me with how to set "Sent Items" to be the special
>> folder where copies of sent mail will be saved?
>>
>> Looking at the prefs.php it appears that it would be a matter of
>> editing the backends.php which I initial did.  This didn't change it.
>>
>> Edited backends.php:
>>     'special_mboxes' => array(
>>          IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_DRAFTS => 'Drafts',
>>          IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SENT => 'Sent Items',
>>          IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_SPAM => 'Spam',
>>          IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TEMPLATES => 'Templates',
>>          IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_TRASH => 'Trash',
>>          IMP_Mailbox::MBOX_USERSPECIAL => array(
>>              'Example' => _("Example Special Mailbox")
>>          )
>>     ),
>>     'autocreate_special' => true,
>>
>> When that didn't work I modified the pref.php to:
>
> Don't edit prefs.php. Read the comments.

>> // sent mail mailbox
>> $_prefs['sent_mail_folder'] = array(
>>     // NOTE: Localization of this name for display purposes is done
>>     // automatically. To change the default value based on the
>> backend, see
>>     // the 'special_mboxes' option in config/backends.php.
>>     'value' => 'Sent Items'
>> );
>>
>> The sent mail is still saved to "sent" instead of "Sent Items".
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any input.
>>
>> -- L. James
>>
>> --
>> L. D. james
>> ljames at apollo3.com
>> www.apollo3.com/~ljames
>
> Changing identity preferences (like sent_mail_folder) only works if
> user don't have identities created yet, or create a new identity.

Thanks, Jan.  I read the comments and spent a couple of days trying to
do it without editing the conf.php file.  I edited the conf.php file as
last result to see if it made any difference.

As I mentioned, I kept the backup and will restore the conf.php file to
it's default.

I would appreciate it if you can tell me how to remove the user's
identities so that the defaults will be the say I have it set in the
backends.php configuration... if that is right.

I really appreciate your input.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James