[imp] Search results of more than 100 messages cause 'error communicating with the server'

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 20:38:16 UTC 2014

Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:
> Zitat von Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>:
>>
>> Any idea where I can start searching to fix this?
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13264
> http://marc.info/?t=140215085400002&r=1&w=2
>
> Use a cache, my setup work fine with a file-based cache.

Thank you for the suggestion, Samuel. I found your posts before I
posted to the list whilst I was looking for others with the same
issue. I've not changed many of the default settings, preferring to
leave them as the 'recommended' option in the drop down lists. I've
tried disabling the cache and then turning it back on as the default
Horde file system cache but it makes no difference to my searching
errors.

I thought it might be something to do with the session cache as well,
so I've switched to 'file system storage' instead of the default PHP
session cache. Sadly this has made no difference either. I also turned
on PHP logging which just gave me the same error as in my initial post
(can't fetch() on an empty result).

I'm sure it's something very simple that I'm missing..

Many thanks,

Tim