[imp] notspam option gone in H5?

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Thu Aug 28 22:57:33 UTC 2014

>> Read the header and commented out configuration example from
>> 'imp/config/backends.php' I directed you to. The option still exists,
>> it is just named differently.
>
> ** I managed to post this to the list in a way that made it appear
> out of context I          **
> ** hope this post makes more sense. In essence, I'm trying to set up
> a way for users who     **
> ** mistakenly mark something as SPAM to unmark those messages and I
> understand that is done  **
> ** via the "notspam" variable.
>                         **
>

>      I have studied the comments on that document and the docs at
>
> http://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/UPGRADING#id3
>
>      and I am afraid I cannot reconcile to two. For instance, in
> backends.php it states
>
> "This array can contain two keys - 'innocent' and 'spam'"
>
>       The docs page has the example
>
> $conf['notspam']['program']
>
>       I'm not able to discern where 'innocent' or 'spam' would go as
> there is no example to follow.
>       I'm sorry gang, I'm really trying here and I'm totally willing
> to read the documentation, I just don't understand it.
>       I do have this also defined in backends.local.php which I
> understand effects the way notspam is defined/handled:
>

> $servers['imap']['spam'] = array(
>       'spam' => array(
>                'display' => false,
>                'email' => 'spam at address.org',
>                'email_format' => 'digest',
>         )
> );

> Brett Charbeneau

I have spam/ham sent to email addresses where my server processes
accordingly, your setup will differ if you use local commands to
process, but this shows a working example of a setup that has a spam
button in Inbox, and an Innocent button in Spam folder. This is my
config from backends.local.php (so it's not necessarily the full
array, but written to call out and override backends.php values).

The display option is detailed in backends.php, and shows where 'Spam'
and 'Innocent' buttons will display.

$servers['imap']['spam']['innocent']['display'] = true;
$servers['imap']['spam']['innocent']['email'] = '<...ham processing
email address...>';
$servers['imap']['spam']['innocent']['email_format'] = 'digest';
$servers['imap']['spam']['spam']['display'] = false;
$servers['imap']['spam']['spam']['email'] = '<...spam processing email
address...>';
$servers['imap']['spam']['spam']['email_format'] = 'digest';

Simon.

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16