[imp] IMP Address Book Preferences not persistent across sessions

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 14:34:36 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have 3 LDAP address books in Turba. If I go into
>> Preferences/Mail/Address Books within the Horde web interface, I
>> can set which address books I'd like to search when expanding
>> addresses. I can then save my preferences and when I compose a new
>> email the address expansion works perfectly.
>>
>> However, if I then log out and log back in again, my address
>> expansion preferences have been reset to search all address books.
>> And indeed, composing a new email will search all address books.
>>
>> What have I got wrong in my set up to reset the IMP address
>> expansion preferences upon logon? I don't see an option for it
>> anywhere..
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Tim
>
> Do other preferences work across sessions?

Yes, all other preferences I've set are persistent.

What is the pref_name in the horde_prefs SQL table that stores the
address expansion? I've pasted in my current list below. This problem
is happening for all my users which I've tested, and preferences
appear to be written to the SQL table.

The closest pref_name I can see is 'search_sources', which has a
'blob' of 58 bytes in the table. Is it possible to decode the binary
data in the blob to see it's contents? Perhaps then I can tell when
(or if) it's getting over written.

Or am I going the wrong way about it?

Many thanks,

Tim

mysql> select pref_name from horde_prefs where pref_scope='imp' and
pref_uid='my_uid';
+-------------------------+
| pref_name               |
+-------------------------+