[imp] Problem with Virtual Trash / Del Hide Button in Dynamic View

Pouyan Azari pouyan.azari at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Dec 10 10:00:07 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

First Thanks for the Horde.

We recently upgraded our horde version from the 1.2.5 to the Horde 5.
We have memcached running in background and the for the backends cache
parameter is unset and we use Horde 5 in dynamic view.

Now we have some trouble with the different delete functions Horde 5 offers.

Option A) Marking as Deleted Not moving some where else:

1) "Delete" works as it should. (Read and crossed) (read/deleted IMAP flag)
2) Show Deleted button works only on the first try and then if you
switch it again, it has no effects on the Inbox. (Why?)
3) Purge deleted works as intended.

The problem is the show/hide deleted button that do not work as intended.

Option B)
Move deleted messages to your Trash mailbox instead of marking them as
deleted in the current mailbox
    Using Virtual Trash
        1) The Show Hide Deleted is still there (Should it be there?)
        2) The deleted messages still show up in the mailbox
        3) Virtual Trash collects the Marked deleted messages in one
place. (Should)
        4) Deleting a message in Virtual trash dose not have any effects
on the message. (obsolete)
        5) there is no option to purge the messages.
        6) Moving a message from virtual Trash to the real INBOX.TRASH make
             it vanish and it show up again when you switch the options
to use the real trash.
        7) There is no way to undelete the message.

        So Maybe I have been misguided about the virtual trash but are
there any of these limitation intended or I am facing some bugs.

    Using Normal Trash (INBOX.TRASH)
        1) Everything working as it should.

Thanks again for the efforts.

Regards