[imp] User authorization failing for imp (Horde login is ok)

SSRI ssri_abo at u-paris2.fr
Fri Dec 12 09:52:18 UTC 2014

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> a écrit :

> Zitat von SSRI <ssri_abo at u-paris2.fr>:
>
>> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> a écrit :

>>> Though NOT if you use application/IMP for authentication. Enabling
>>> hordeauth only makes sense when NOT authenticating to Horde
>>> through IMP.
>>>

>> When hordeauth is set to false :
>>
>> 1) Where do you configure the auth driver for IMP ?
>
> The only "auth driver" if you want to say so, is IMAP (or POP3) for
> that matter, because those are the backends for IMP.

Ok, so no way to use an alternate backend in this case: authentication
will be handled by pear/php/Horde/Auth/Imap.php

>> 2) Can you choose a different auth driver from Horde ?
>
> Yes, but in this case you would have to login twice. That's the use
> case where you WANT to set hordeauth to true.

One drawback when hordeauth is true, connexions with CalDAV clients (
horde/rpc.php/calendars/... ) always generates a login to IMP. Is
there a way to disable this ? Because CalDAV clients are not supposed
to use IMP and connect to the mail server.