[imp] New required dependency

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Jan 15 08:06:07 UTC 2015

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> You mean 6.2.5.

>>> To parse badly formatted S/MIME data.
>>
>> Might be worth a note in http://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/UPGRADING.
>
> Why?
>
> We've never added notes to UPGRADING before when adding new package
> dependencies.  And I don't see any reason to start now.

Because these would not require registering additional PEAR channels?
One can assume that 'pear.php.net' and 'pear.horde.org' are
registered, because these are either required by PEAR or was
registered during the initial Horde installation (per the instructions
in http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL). Any additional
packages from these channels required should be good to go. Howevere,
the requirement for the 'phpseclib.sourceforge.net' channel is
mentioned nowhere in the Horde documentation, so it would be helpful
if this was mentioned somewhere.