[imp] IMP Login Issues With Internet Explorer

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Mon Jan 19 18:02:09 UTC 2015

  Quoting Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at opengroupware.us>:

> Horde 5.2.3 / IMP 6.2.4
> Firefox 31.20.0
> Internet Explorer 11.0.13
>
> Logging into my instance with Firefox [or Epiphany] works without
> incident.
>
> Logging into Internet Explorer fails, it just says authentication fails
> and goes back to the login page.
>
> Anyone else seen this?  There appears to be no errors, warnings, etc...

Not a real fix, but I had problems with both Horde logins and my own simple
Javascript login box with IE11, so I've forced version downgrades on my
home page, and I also have in my notes for Horde upgrades:

fix IE 11 issues:
edit /usr/share/php/Horde/PageOutput.php
     public function header(array $opts = array())
    {
        global $injector, $language, $registry, $session;
        /* IE11 */
        if($GLOBALS['browser']->isBrowser('msie') &&
           $GLOBALS['browser']->getMajor() == 11){
          $this->addMetaTag('X-UA-Compatible','IE=EmulateIE10',true);
        }

        $view = new Horde_View(array(