[imp] IMAP Connection Issue: "no auth attempts"

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Feb 11 10:08:06 UTC 2015

Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Alexander Lasley <alasley at mail.redskylab.com>:
>
>> After installing IMP, testing the IMAP connection via
>> /test.php?app=imp is successful; "Namespace Information" and "IMAP
>> server capabilities" are shown to me. However, connections through
>> the web interface fail. I have tried two different things:
>>
>> 1) Logging in to the mail account while logged in to Horde as the
>> default "Administrator" user. This fails and produces the message
>> "User Administrator is not authorized for Mail" in the logs. I
>> stopped here because this is ultimately not the way I intend to use
>> Horde/IMP anyway.
>> 2) Using IMP as the application to handle authentication for Horde.
>> This fails and produces slightly more useful information in the logs.
>>
>> Web server information:
>> CentOS 6.6
>> nginx 1.0.15 installed via yum *
>> php-fpm 5.4.37 installed via yum
>> Horde 5.2.3 installed via PEAR
>> IMP 6.2.7 installed via PEAR
>>
>> Mail server information:
>> CentOS 6.6
>> dovecot 2.0.9 installed via yum
>>
>> * I know that nginx isn't officially supported, but my issue does
>> not seem related to the web server; no relevant error messages are
>> showing up in nginx's log.
>>
>> I've replaced sensitive information in the logs with the following:
>> Horde installed into the document root /path/to/horde
>> Horde running on webmail.domain.tld with IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>> Dovecot/Postfix running on mail.domain.tld with IP address yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
>> Attempting to log in as username at mail.domain.tld
>> My personal IP zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz
>>
>> Dovecot logs:
>> Feb 11 06:40:46 mail dovecot: auth: Debug: Loading modules from
>> directory: /usr/lib64/dovecot/auth
>> Feb 11 06:40:46 mail dovecot: auth: Debug: auth client connected (pid=20366)
>> Feb 11 06:41:16 mail dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth
>> attempts): rip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, lip=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, TLS
>> handshaking: Disconnected
>>
>> Horde logs:
>> Feb 11 06:39:36 web-ln1 HORDE: [imp] [login] Error when
>> communicating with the mail server. [pid 3243 on line 730 of
>> "/path/to/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
>> Feb 11 06:39:36 web-ln1 HORDE: [imp] FAILED LOGIN for
>> username at mail.domain.tld (zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz) to
>> {imap://mail.domain.tld:993/} [pid 3243 on line 157 of
>> "/path/to/horde/imp/lib/Auth.php"]
>> Feb 11 06:39:36 web-ln1 HORDE: [horde] FAILED LOGIN for
>> username at mail.domain.tld to horde (24.107.154.151) [pid 3243 on
>> line 199 of "/path/to/horde/login.php"]
>>
>> /path/to/horde/imp/config/backends.php:
>> $servers['imap'] = array(
>>    'disabled' => false,
>>    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>>    'hostspec' => 'mail.domain.tld',
>>    'hordeauth' => false,
>>    'protocol' => 'imap',
>>    'port' => 993,
>>    'secure' => 'tls',
>> );

> [...]

And are you sure you're supporting STARTTLS on port 993? By default,
Dovecot will accept SSL only on port 993, so the STARTTLS is never
offered. You probably only need to override the hostspec variable in
imp/config/backends.local.php:

    <?php
    $servers['imap']['hostspec'] = 'mail.domain.tld';

If you really want to use port 993, you'll probably need to append the
following two lines:

    $servers['imap']['port'] = 993;
    $servers['imap']['secure'] = 'ssl';

But the recommended solution, is to use STARTTLS on port 143 instead.