[imp] User is not authorized for Mail error

Seth Bigam seth_bigam at champion.org
Wed Feb 11 20:40:16 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: imp [mailto:imp-bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Arjen de Korte
Sent: Monday, February 9, 2015 5:08 PM
To: imp at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] User is not authorized for Mail error

Citeren Sebastián Mir <sebastianmir at gmail.com>:

>> Look at backends.php in my case this file was overwritten setting the
>> 'disabled' property at the IMAP server example definition to false, so
>> when imp tried to connect with the IMAP server, it did it on localhost
>> instead of the actual server defined at backends.local.php Setting
>> 'disabled' => true fixed the issue.

>That is why you should never touch backends.php. Overrides should be >made in backends.local.php, so that they are kept on updates.

Hi, thanks for the help guys.

(apologies if I'm not formatting my responses correctly....first time using a mailing list like this..)

I did not set up the initial Horde installation and the guy who did told me that he never touched backends.php or had to create a backends.local.php.

I resolved the issue by creating a backends.local.php file that included the lines:

$servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
$servers['advanced']['hordeauth'] = true;

That seems to have done the trick.

The only problem that remains is that when any user (except for me, for some reason) attempts to change a user preference, they get the error:

"We cannot verify that this request was sent by you. It could be a malicious request. If you intended to perform this action, you can retry it now."

I'm assuming this is unrelated and a different question entirely. Let me know if this error would be better suited to send to a different Horde mailing list. Thanks again for your help!