[imp] Active Sync junk behavior

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Feb 16 14:43:53 UTC 2015

Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

> After doing some testing, I've found the following in trying to
> troubleshoot why I when I try to use the "Move to Junk" option on an IOS
> device (haven't tried others), it doesn't actually move the message out of
> the Inbox.
>
> What I would want to happen:
>
> A message that is chosen as "Move to Junk" gets moved to the folder that
> I've designated as my "spam mailbox" in Preferences for email using
> Horde/Imp.
>
> What happens instead:
>
> The message is moved to a folder called "Junk", with a caveat:
>
> If you don't have a folder named "Junk", it will create it and add it to
> your IMAP folder subscriptions.  No issues here.
>
> If you DO have a folder named "Junk", BUT HAVE UNSUBSCRIBED from that
> folder, Active Sync will attempt to create a folder named "Junk" and it
> gets an error that the folder already exists.  Not too bad, but then it
> doesn't add the IMAP folder subscription and doesn't actually move the
> message since it received an error on the folder create step.
>
> End-user workaround:
>
> Name your "spam mailbox" Junk and be sure you're subscribed to that folder.
>
> Maybe the "Move to Junk" is an IOS thing and the Imp ActiveSync guys can't
> do anything about the folder that gets chosen as it is all done by the
> client?

Correct. This is a known "feature" of iOS. Some versions are better
able to map the iOS Junk folder to existing Spam-like folder names.
That said, we can better handle the case where the folder exists and
is not subscribed. Please create a ticket on bugs.horde.org regarding
the unsubscribed use-case.

--
mike
The Horde Project