[imp] IMP treeview does not display private namespaces prefix..

Giorgio Paolucci giorgio.paolucci at unipd.it
Wed Mar 4 22:51:10 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,
I am trying to implement dovecot IMAP server with lazy_expunge plugin.
Following dovecot's wiki, I defined a private namespace with prefix
.EXPUNGED so that all mails expunged from user's mailbox are moved to
an homonymous folder in .EXPUNGED private namespace for deferred
deletion. All works fine with email clients like Thunderbird; the
.EXPUNGED namespace prefix is shown greyed out and homonymous folders
are shown with proper  nested layout. IMP treeview does not show
.EXPUNGED prefix of the secondary private namespace so the homonymous
folders are displayed with same nesting level with no chance for the
user to identify which is the real folder and which the folder for the
expunged mails.

As a work around I commented out lines from 118 to 124 and line 126 of
lib/Ftree/Account/Imap.php and got the private namespace prefix
displayed with the folders properly nested
          /* Break apart the name via the delimiter and go step by
   114              * step through the name to make sure all subfolders exist
   115              * in the tree. */
   116             if ($ns_info && strlen($ns_info->delimiter)) {
   117                 /* Strip personal namespace (if non-empty). */
   118                 if ($ns_info->type === $ns_info::NS_PERSONAL) {
   119                     $stripped = $ns_info->stripNamespace($mbox);
   120                     $parts = explode($ns_info->delimiter, $stripped);
   121                     if ($stripped != $mbox) {
   122                         $parts[0] = $ns_info->name . $parts[0];
   123                     }
   124                 } else {
   125                     $parts = explode($ns_info->delimiter, $mbox);
   126                 }
   127
   128                 if ($prefs->getValue('tree_view')) {
   129                     switch ($ns_info->type) {
   130                     case $ns_info::NS_OTHER:
   131                         $parent = self::OTHER_KEY;
   132                         break;
   133
   134                     case $ns_info::NS_SHARED:
   135                         $parent = self::SHARED_KEY;
   136                         break;
   137                     }
   138                 }

Is there any proper way to display all the private namespaces with
their prefixes and folder nested?
Am I missing something in IMP or dovecot configuration?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Giorgio Paolucci

--