[imp] Reply-To-Identity

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Wed Mar 18 10:40:17 UTC 2015

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two different mail addresses, let's say jens at domain.com and
>> jens at otherdomain.org. Furthermore I have created six different
>> identities, four of which are connected to the first address (let's
>> call them A, B, C, D), two or which are connected to the second one
>> (E, F). The letters A-F stand for the identities in the drop-down
>> menu in the "Compose New mail"-window in the order in which they
>> appear.
>>
>> When I reply to a mail which is sent to jens at domain.com I would
>> like to configure IMP as to to identity D as default. IMP now
>> always uses identity A in the reply. I know that I can tie
>> particular sender-addresses to an identity so that every mail from
>> this address is replied from the chosen identity but that's not
>> what I want.
>>
>> Can I change the order of the identities so that identity D comes
>> first in the list? It looks to me as if the first identity is
>> always the default. For the address jens at otherdomain.org IMP always
>> uses identity E which in my case is a reasonable default.
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>> Jens
>>
>> --
>
> You can set identity A as your default identity. This would be used
> when composing new messages too then though.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that E is my default identity and
connected with the address jens at otherdomain.org (which ist my address
for company "otherdomain"). I use identity D for mails for my company
"domain" so that I would like to reply to mails addressed to
jens at domain.com with identity D instead of A (which I only use for
private mails).
But I think the only possibility to get what I want is to delete the
identities A-C so that D is on top of the list. After that I would
have to re-create the identities A-C. Can I do that directly in the
database? If yes my next question would be "how?" or "where can I find
a hint?"