[imp] Name/Email Address in compose window

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Wed Mar 18 15:13:56 UTC 2015

Zitat von Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>:

> Dear All,
>
> In the 'To:' field of a compose window in IMP, after I've started
> typing a name and clicked on the suggested recipient, sometimes that
> recipient is added to the 'to' field with just their name, and other
> times the recipient is added with their name and email address.
>
> For example, for contacts from the same LDAP source, some contacts
> will show as:
> My User
>
> Whilst others will show as:
> My User <my.user at mydomain.com>
>
> This is after I've chosen them from the suggested contact list after
> starting to type their name..
>
> What is the criteria for the 'to' field as to whether or not a
> contact's email address is displayed?
I'm not sure if if I got your point. In my case the auto-completion in
IMP takes addresses from my address book and from "Favourite
Recipients". The addresses from the latter ones are displayed as
"user.name at domain.com" in the drop-down and in the To:-field. The
recipients from my address book are displayed as "User Name
<user.name at domain.com>" in the drop-down and as "User Name" in the
To:-Field.