[imp] The message was rejected by the server

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Apr 27 01:08:17 UTC 2015

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I got a new iPhone 5s running iOS 8.1.3
>
> ActiveSync is working. Mails arrive and disappear as you'd expect.
> Calendar, and contacts too..
>
> The only thing not working is I can't send mails.  I get the error: The
> message was rejected by the server.

This is probably coming directly from the MTA.

> It's working from my Android device.
>
> SSL is turned on (and worked previously on my iPhone 4.  The only thing I
> can think of is that the iPhone doesn't like the server's self-signed
> certificate (but that's not what the error is saying...
>
> Any ideas? Known issue?

No. I can send mail fine on all of my iOS devices, including a 8.1.3
iPhone. Try checking the ActiveSync log for a properly formatted email
being sent - you might have to enable the verbose logging. You can
post, or send the log to me directly if you like.  If the log doesn't
show anything special, and the SMTP server log doesn't show anything
useful, you may have to wireshark the Client -> Horde conversation
while sending the email to see exactly what is being sent.

--
mike
The Horde Project