[imp] Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet) Inbox display fails for email below "answered" email

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed May 20 17:02:29 UTC 2015

I have searched for anyone else reporting this and could not find
anything...I also looked at the change descriptions after our versions
below at
https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/07246b92f0e7f61b1bfb51315d408feff7ec5a4d/imp/docs/CHANGES

So my apologies if I missed it or this is caused by an incorrect jQuery
version again like happened last January.

We are running Debian packages...Php 5.6.7, Horde 5.2.5, Imp 6.2.2 and
using jquery-mobile 1.3.2

In all web browsers we have tested, in the Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet)
mode, if your Inbox has any email that has been "answered", the
"answered" email and email below it in the list of emails will NOT
display and the js error and trace below can be seen in the js debug
console:

Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'appendChild' on 'Node': parameter
1 is not of type 'Node'.

s.extend.clean @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
s.buildFragment @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
s.fn.extend.domManip @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
s.fn.extend.append @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
(anonymous function) @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:641
i.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
ImpMobile.refreshMailbox @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:580
ImpMobile.viewport @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:523
ImpMobile.runTasks @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:1507
s.event.dispatch @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
s.event.add.u.handle.a @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
s.event.trigger @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
i.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
i.fn.i.each @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
s.fn.extend.trigger @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
HordeMobile.doActionComplete @ smartmobile.js?v=be5cf1cd:110
$.extend.success @ smartmobile.js?v=be5cf1cd:76
s.Callbacks.d @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
s.Callbacks.v.fireWith @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
S @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
s.support.ajax.s.ajaxTransport.send.r @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4

We have at least one user with an Apple iPad that insists that he can
only use Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet) mode.  He has not been happy with
our suggestions to try dynamic or another email client to read his IMAP
email.  ;-)

Thank you for any thoughts about what could be causing this.

--
Andy Dorman