[imp] Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet) Inbox display fails for email below "answered" email, Solved

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu May 21 15:51:53 UTC 2015

On 05/21/2015 04:18 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:
>
>> I have searched for anyone else reporting this and could not find
>> anything...I also looked at the change descriptions after our versions
>> below at
>> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/07246b92f0e7f61b1bfb51315d408feff7ec5a4d/imp/docs/CHANGES
>> So my apologies if I missed it or this is caused by an incorrect
>> jQuery version again like happened last January.
>>
>> We are running Debian packages...Php 5.6.7, Horde 5.2.5, Imp 6.2.2 and
>> using jquery-mobile 1.3.2
>>
>> In all web browsers we have tested, in the Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet)
>> mode, if your Inbox has any email that has been "answered", the
>> "answered" email and email below it in the list of emails will NOT
>> display and the js error and trace below can be seen in the js debug
>> console:
>>
>> Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'appendChild' on 'Node':
>> parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'.
>>
>> s.extend.clean @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
>> s.buildFragment @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
>> s.fn.extend.domManip @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
>> s.fn.extend.append @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
>> (anonymous function) @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:641
>> i.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
>> ImpMobile.refreshMailbox @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:580
>> ImpMobile.viewport @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:523
>> ImpMobile.runTasks @ smartmobile.js?v=78c7e583:1507
>> s.event.dispatch @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
>> s.event.add.u.handle.a @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
>> s.event.trigger @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
>> (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
>> i.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
>> i.fn.i.each @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
>> s.fn.extend.trigger @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:3
>> HordeMobile.doActionComplete @ smartmobile.js?v=be5cf1cd:110
>> $.extend.success @ smartmobile.js?v=be5cf1cd:76
>> s.Callbacks.d @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
>> s.Callbacks.v.fireWith @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:2
>> S @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
>> s.support.ajax.s.ajaxTransport.send.r @ jquery.min.js?v=be5cf1cd:4
>>

>> We have at least one user with an Apple iPad that insists that he can
>> only use Mobile (Smartphone/Tablet) mode.  He has not been happy with
>> our suggestions to try dynamic or another email client to read his
>> IMAP email.  ;-)
>>
>> Thank you for any thoughts about what could be causing this.
>>
>> --
>> Andy Dorman
>>
>> --
>
> Cannot reproduce.

Thanks Jan, that was helpful as it meant the issue was in our install.

Following a hunch I found the problem.   The version of jquery that
Debian installs is 1.7.2 and I could see in GIT that Horde uses 1.11.2.

For now I took the easy way to fix it, I copied jquery.js and
jquery.min.js from the Horde GIT repo to our debian jquery directory for
Horde to pick up from there.

And it works fine.

I will see if I can talk to the Debian maintainer for jquery and see if
we can get a more current version so I do not have to "cheat" like this
to make things work.  ;-)

Have a great week.

--
Andy Dorman