[imp] EAS, Android client: incoming mail sent 4x to client?

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:06:26 UTC 2015

On 2 Jun 2015 12:42, "Robin Bankhead" <horde at headbank.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was setting up ActiveSync on my partner's Galaxy SII, having used it
for some time now on my SIII (except email sync, as support for this was
considered alpha at the time I set it up).  I thought I'd enable email sync
for her, which seemed fine initially, syncing all existing messages as
expected.

> However I then sent a test message to her account, and four copies of the
message appeared in the client!

> I won't have much time to debug this for the next while (and the client
works fine when the same account's configured as standard IMAP), but
wondered if anyone else has seen behaviour like this before and knows
something about the cause?

Works fine on my S3.  Never tried it on an S2.

Enable a debugging log for the device and do a clean sync.

Simon