[imp] EAS, Android client: incoming mail sent 4x to client?

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:59:35 UTC 2015

On 5 Jun 2015 18:50, "Robin Bankhead" <horde at headbank.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies, Michael and Simon.
>
> My partner's phone is out of action and will probably get a factory reset
soon, so I might look at this again then.

> Meanwhile I brought horde up to date (webmail-5.2.1 -> 5.2.6) and decided
to wipe and try it with my SIII.  (Nice to see wipe works, never tried it
before!)  The mux'ed message issue didn't crop up, sure enough; but
unfortunately that was because the phone refused to sync anything in my
inbox that was *newer* than the end of April, and nothing new showed up
after that either.

> I do have a couple of hundred messages in my inbox, plus a lot more in
subfolders, so this might well be part of the problem.  Generally I think
I'm best to chalk it up to Flaky Android Client Syndrome and move on,
making do with a plain old IMAP server for the email side of things.

> Thanks,
> Robin Bankhead

I believe the default setting is only to sync 4 weeks...  it can be changed
to sync all..

Simon

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Also, make sure you have updated to the latest packages. There have been
a bunch of recent bug fixes to ActiveSync support,  including a fix for
duplicate emails on Outlook - maybe this fixes your issue as well.

>> -mike
>> Sent from mobile.

sync
>>> for her, which seemed fine initially, syncing all existing messages as