[imp] Unable to configure Horde Webroot

Barry Haycock barryh at flappingfish.net
Sun Jul 5 06:14:50 UTC 2015

I have installed php 5.4.16 on a Centos 7.1 server with Horde 5.2.6.
Horde was installed and configured using pear.

My install is located at /var/www/webmail
I have created a horde.conf file for httpd that is

Alias /horde/ /var/www/webmail/

<Directory /var/www/webmail/>
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I have a few problems with the final configuration or Horde that I am unable to resolve.

When I run webmail-install it  runs correctly.
But when I try and a URL such as https://<server>/horde/admin/config the URL reverts to /.

When I call up the horde test.php page everything displays correctly and shows that horde is correctly installed. But when I click on a URL to run tests for imp for instance the URL is displayed as <server>/test.php?app=imp instead of <server>/horde/test.php?app=imp.

This  occurs with all horde related URLs

I suspect that the webroot is not set.

I have tried setting webroot in registry.php with no joy.
I have tried a webroot of /var/www/webmail and /horde with no joy
The http access logs confirms this with 404 errors for GET requests.
  The horde documentation states that once I have run webmail-install the system should just work, the FAQ doesn't cover this and searching for a solution hasn’t been successful.

--

Banpen Fugyou - 10,000 Changes, No surprises

Key Fingerprint:  4CFF 5276 1BF5 DFD4 684B  CBD2 E414 6292 D40E BBFD