[imp] message selection in imp

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jul 20 08:10:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

some of our users don't like how the message selection in imp is
currently handled.

If you click on es message to view it, the current selection is reset
and the message gets selected.
The following three "issues" are reported.

1. If you want to delete/move multiple other mails you have to
remember to deselect the message.

2. There is no way to view a mail without deselecting all selected
mails. (e.g. you have selected
some mails to delete them, and you want to check one mail if it should
be deleted or not.)

3. If you miss the selection box, your selection is reset.

One possible solution to these problems would be to make the message
view independent from
the message selections.

Before I create a new feature request I would like to discuss the pro
and cons, and
check if such a feature request  would have a chance to be accepted.

Regards

     Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen