[imp] Behaviour of Deleting all the mails in a folder Vs Empty folder

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Mon Sep 21 12:14:37 UTC 2015

Dear List,

User has set that, deleted mails should be moved to Trash folder.

As far as I remember, in HGWE 5.1.x, deleting mails moved mails to
Trash Folder (as expected) and Emptying a folder did not move the
mails to Trash Folder (it was good).

Now, in HGWE 5.2.x, deleting mails from a folder and also emptying of
a folder, moves the mails to Trash Folder.

We feel, emptying a folder should not move the mails to Trash Folder.
Any specific reason, why it was decided to move emptied folder mails
to Trash folder?

I am not sure, if it is happening only in my setup.

What should be the correct behavior for emptying the folders?

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant