[imp] remote mail server sieve unable to authentificate

soeren at mindorf-it.de soeren at mindorf-it.de
Mon Oct 19 15:23:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've a problem with the sieve authetification against remote Dovecot server.

I get always "Authentification failed".

In the mailserver log I see:

Oct 19 17:09:40 mx dovecot: managesieve-login: Disconnected (auth
failed, 1 attempts): user=<soeren>, method=PLAIN, rip=xxxx, lip=yyyy,
TLS, TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)

This message is correct, because the Username should be soeren at domain.tld.

I can logon to Horde-imp without problems.

Horde is configured to use imp as authentification.

Here are my configuration files:

backend.local.php:

<?php
$backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$backends['sieve'] = array(
     // Disabled by default
     'disabled' => false,
     'hordeauth' => 'full',
     'transport' => array(
         Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
             'driver' => 'timsieved',
             'params' => array(
                 // Hostname of the timsieved server
                 'hostspec' => 'remoteserver',
                 // Login type of the server
                 'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
                 // Enable/disable TLS encryption
                 'usetls' => true,
                 // Port number of the timsieved server
                 'port' => 4190,
                 // Name of the sieve script
                 'scriptname' => 'ingo',
                 // Enable debugging. The sieve protocol communication
is logged
                 // with the DEBUG level.
                 'debug' => true,
             ),
         ),
     ),
     'script' => array(
         Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
             'driver' => 'sieve',
             'params' => array(
                 // If using Dovecot or any other Sieve implementation that
                 // requires folder names to be UTF-8 encoded, set this
                 // parameter to true.
                 'utf8' => false,
              ),
         ),
     ),
     'shares' => false,
);

I tried it with and without hordeauth => full.

my hooks.php:

<?php
class Ingo_Hooks
{
         public function transport_auth($driver)
         {
                 switch ($driver) {
                 case ’timsieved’:
                 $ob = $GLOBALS[’registry’]->call(’mail/imapOb’);
                 return array(
                         ’euser’ => $ob->getParam(’username’),
                         ’password’ => $ob->getParam(’password’),
                         ’username’ => $ob->getParam(’username’)
                 );
//              $full_user = $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth(null);
//              return array(
//                      'euser' => $full_user,
//                      'username' => $full_user
//              );
                 }
//              return true;
         }
}

also I tried it with full_user as above.

When I connect via horde logon my mailserver log says:

Oct 19 17:09:30 mx dovecot: imap-login: Login:
user=<soeren at domain.tld>, method=PLAIN, rip=xxxx, lip=yyyy,
mpid=32669, TLS, TLSv1.2 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
(256/256 bits)

None of them is working. Any ideas what I can do to get sieve working
to remote host?

Kind regards,
Soeren