[imp] Why is HTML disabled?

John C Payne john at pde-usa.net
Thu Nov 19 02:19:40 UTC 2015

I'm just wondering why inline HTML is disabled in IMP.  I know that nasty
stuff can happen if the bad guys send nasty messages. Sad to say: until
there are no more internet bad guys, such is life.

So what? This is 2015.  Most folks know about HTML and all the risks.
 Maybe from getting burned.

IMO, it is time to catch up to the world as it is today.  HTML and all the
associated supporting technologies are everywhere.  For the bad guys and
the good guys.

 I suggest HTML enabled by default and text disabled.  At the least give
the user an easy way to change from HTML to not HTML.

Horde groupware is a great product; I like it a lot.  Why is it so hard to
make it a better product by enabling HTML?

Thanks for reading
  John C Payne
630-815-2989
www.pde-usa.net