[imp] Folder names with tilde character

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 19 19:50:24 UTC 2015

Quoting Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:

> After a very long search, I found out that this problem is caused by
> the code in the Horde_Imap_Client_Tokenize class, or more precisely
> the code within the "next" method on line 292 or so.  There is a
> comment attached to the "case" statement in question which reads
> "Ignore binary string identifier. PHP strings are binary-safe", but
> even after reading quite a bit of the surrounding code, I fail to
> understand what is meant by that comment.

It means that PHP doesn't care if a string contains NULLs, so we are
just discarding the ~ when it is part of the literal8 construction
(since a NULL is treated as a single-byte character for PHP string
processing).

RFC 6855 support is irrelevant here - literal8 is defined by BINARY so
this can be tested on a server that supports BINARY.  Thus, if you
have a fix Jan you don't need access to a UTF-8 server to properly test.

michael