[imp] Problem with address book syncing

Karsten Schlimme karsten at schlimme.net
Mon Dec 14 16:23:08 UTC 2015

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Karsten Schlimme <karsten at schlimme.net>:
>
>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> This may be your email address, but more important this is the
>>> Horde user name which was used to create this address book.
>>>

>> Yes, it is! I use this mail address every time I log into Horde. So
>> it's like there's a shared address book between me and myself which
>> I can't access through Horde.
>
> No. You use two different user names. If you see
> [karsten at schlimme.net] in a shared address book, then you are *not*
> logged in as karsten at schlimme.net.

Ok, now I see. You were right. I was able to access the address book
by logging in with the exact same username, but with a capital "K".
The contacts in this address book were not the same as in "My address
book", so I exported them and imported them back into my account
without the capital "K". After that I deleted the address book,
because I thought they were independet from each other. Unfortunately
this deleted my address books on both accounts. Thank god, I had a
backup! :) The sad thing: I couldn't find the newly created contacts
(with my mobile phone) in any address book. And now, after I deleted
the address books and had to recover them from backup, the newly
created contacts on my phone are gone.

I don't think it's a normal behavior, that the login is case sensitive
and you are able to create more than one account with an email
address. How can I delete the other account with all its content, like
address books, calender etc.? Although I deleted the address book of
the capital "K"-account, it still shows up as shared address book in
my "normal" account.