[imp] The message was rejected by the server

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:25:27 UTC 2016

On 12 May 2015 17:50, "Simon B" <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 May 2015 17:08, "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
> >

> > Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
> >
> >> LO

> >> thing I

> >> or

> >> anything

> >> have

reject:

> >> RCPT

> >> MStrawn at recipientserver.net>@

MStrawn at recipientserver.net>

3llf3H2PLlz1qy16:

> >> least

> >> just a "normal" email client on the device?

> >> different one, the SENDMAIL ActiveSync command is fairly straight
forward
> >> and doesn't differ for different clients. Essentially we do some sanity
> >> checks and (at least for new mails, not replies) just sent the email
> >> through Horde's configured SMTP mailer.  I'd probably need a detailed
> >> ActiveSync log of the SENDMAIL command from the iOS device to see what
it
> >> is sending to rule out (or fix) anything in our code.
> >>
> >> Just the normal ActiveSync log, or do I have to increase the debug
level?

> >> Actually, I found something.
> >>
> >> On the same server, I have the MTA, production horde, and separately
horde
> >> installed from git.
> >>
> >> The Android was actually using the production horde.
> >>
> >> When I changed the iOS device from git to production, it works.
> >>
> >> When I changed the android to point to the git install, it doesn't.
> >>
> >> PROD
> >> Address Book (turba) 4.1.3        SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> Calendar (kronolith) 4.1.4        SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> content 2.0.3                    SQL DB schema is ready.
> >> Filters Filters (ingo) 3.1.3    SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Horde (horde) 5.1.5                                        Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Mail (imp) 6.1.6                SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Notes (mnemo) 4.1.2                SQL DB schema is ready.
Application
> >> is ready.
> >> Password (passwd) 5.0.1                                    Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Tasks (nag) 4.1.3                SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> timeobjects 2.0.4
> >>
> >> GIT
> >> Address Book (turba) 4.3.0-git    SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> Calendar (kronolith) 4.3.0-git    SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> content 2.0.5-git                SQL DB schema is ready.
> >> Filters (ingo) 3.3.0-git        SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Horde (horde) 5.3.0-git                                    Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Mail (imp) 7.0.0-git             SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> Notes (mnemo) 4.3.0-git         SQL DB schema is ready.    Application
is
> >> ready.
> >> Password (passwd) 5.0.2-git                             Application is
> >> ready.
> >> Tasks (nag) 4.3.0-git             SQL DB schema is ready.
Application is
> >> ready.
> >> Tickets (whups) 3.0.1-git
> >>
> >> I suspect something has (or more accurately should have) changed in
> >> backends.local.php
> >>
> >> Anything I should look for specifically?  I usually end up breaking
> >> something in there..
> >>
> >> Simon
> >

> > Nothing comes to mind, other than making sure the "Mailer" config for
horde (in conf.php) and/or IMP (in backends.[local.]php) - depending on
which you are using - is correct. Make sure you are using a SMTP server,
and not the sendmail binary.

> Can I just clarify the backends.local.php should only contain overrides?
Mine has the complete mailer in it.

> I'm definitely not using conf.php or a sendmail binary.
>
> Would it be possible for you or someone to share their backends.local.php
with me for comparison?  Please?

> Simon

I fixed this a while ago and forgot to update the thread for posterity.
Sorry.

Basically the problem wasn't in imp at all.

In the horde tab there had been changes in the mailer tab which I had
missed and SMTP auth wasn't set-up there.

Simon