[imp] S/MIME decryption error

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 20 08:30:38 UTC 2016

Zitat von D. Milanovic <tuta at mandexin.ca>:

> Hello,
>
> I am unable to successfully decrypt S/MIME signed/encrypted message in
> Horde. Sending is OK and message can be read in Thunderbird without
> problems. However, error message "Could not decrypt S/MIME data." is
> displayed when trying to read same message in Sent folder. Same error is
> displayed for all incoming encrypted messages.
> All certificates (personal and public) are imported without any errors.
>
> No error messages in PHP or Horde log.
> Horde version is 5.2.11, Imp version 6.2.11

openssl_pkcs7_decrypt() which we use internally doesn't return a more
detailed error message if decryption failed. It raises a PHP warning
with some more information though, so you should see this in your
PHP/Horde logs if your error_reporting level is sufficiently high.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project