[imp] imp displaying additional characters when responding from mobile device

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Sat Mar 26 14:56:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

Yesterday, I updated my system to the current stable releases.  Then
my device stopped syncing.  I went to preferences/global
preferences/ActiveSync, and reset all device state.  That fixed the
syncing issue, but now, when I reply back to emails from my device, to
users on my local system,  I get output, like the below.

Hello<div>
3/26/16  9:05 AM  (GMT-06:00) </div><div>To: me at mysystem.com

Reply from device.<div>
3/26/16  9:23 AM  (GMT-06:00) </div><div>To: me at mysystem.com

 From device<div>
Re: final, final </div><div>
Quoting "me" <me at mysystem.com>:
Hello
OK from imp two times

 From just the little testing I did, if the email originates from imp,
then I reply from my device, I get the above output every time.  Here
is some additional testing I did.  I sent email from imp to myself,
replied back via imp, then replied to that via my device, and see the
bad output.  This is the third sample from above.  I also tested
originating email from my device, replying back via imp, then replying
again from device, and that was good. I sent email from imp, to my
gmail acount, replied via gmail, then replied from my device, good as
well. The final test was the same as before except originate email
from my device to gmail.  I hope some of that makes sense.  I did
change my domain, but I could redo some or all of this testing and
provide a sync log if needed.

Before sending this email, I updated again to Horde_Activesync 2.31.8,
and that didn't fix anything.

I'm using a Galaxy S6, with Android 6.0.1, Android security patch
level February 1, 2016.

Please let me know what additional information might be helpful.

Thank you,

John