[imp] Server does not support binary message data

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Wed Apr 6 18:12:32 UTC 2016

We've found a particular message that generates an "Server does not
support binary message data" error when we attempt to forward it from
IMP. We're using Horde 5.2.10 and IMP 6.2.13. I thought the issue was
similar to ticket #13901 (https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13901), but
we're using regular SMTP and not ActiveSync.

We're also having problems with the same message and how it renders.
It's an HTML message, and some of the links below a certain point no
longer work. They simply aren't available to click. This does not happen
for the same message in Outlook.com, Yahoo, Gmail, and even Horde3/IMP4.
I wonder if this is related to the binary message data error above.

Is there an address we can forward the message to for analysis?

--Aaron