[imp] Error when communication with the server

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:59:41 UTC 2016

On 12 May 2016 at 02:08, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>:
>
> I wiped clean my installation last night and did a clean install of the
>> latest.
>>
>> pear uninstall `pear list -c horde | tail -n +4 | awk '{ print "horde/"$1
>> }'`
>> mv horde horde_bk
>>
>> pear install horde/horde_role
>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>> pear install -a -B horde/webmail
>> webmail-install
>>
>> I am then able to login to the admin interface and configure everything,
>> but when I click inbox, I get this message saying "error when
>> communicating
>> with server" and i just hangs there trying to load inbox.
>>
>> How do I debug this?
>>

> Check the webserver and horde error logs. Check the IMAP server logs. You
> can also enable IMAP debug logging in Horde in imp/config/backends.php.

In my backends.local.php, I set debug to a file and debug_raw to to true,
but I get nothing substantial to work with. I use dovecot and
authentication works fine.
Well, I am testing horde alongside another webmail app which works fine, so
I am trying to find out why it doesn't work in the imp side..The log data
below doesn't look like it has anything raw, right? Except I think it
should not be logging out immediately, but should stay connected....why
does it logout? I could be wrong..

>> Thu, 12 May 2016 12:55:40 +0300
>> Connection to: imap://localhost/
>> Server connection took 0.0002 seconds.
S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
C: 1 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: wash at xxxxxx.ccc
)]
S: 1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS BINARY MOVE SPECIAL-USE] Logged in
>> Command 1 took 0.0064 seconds.
>> CACHE: Using the Horde_Imap_Client_Cache_Backend_Cache storage driver.
C: 2 ENABLE QRESYNC
C: 3 NAMESPACE
S: * ENABLED QRESYNC
S: 2 OK Enabled (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
>> Command 2 took 0.0004 seconds.
S: * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
S: 3 OK Namespace completed.
>> Command 3 took 0.0046 seconds.
C: 5 LIST "" INBOX RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)
C: 4 LIST (SUBSCRIBED) "" (*) RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)
S: * LIST () "/" INBOX
S: 5 OK List completed (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
>> Command 5 took 0.001 seconds.
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Trash
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Sent
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Drafts
S: * LIST (\Subscribed) "/" Spam
S: 4 OK List completed (0.000 + 0.000 secs).
>> Command 4 took 0.0015 seconds.
C: 6 LOGOUT
S: * BYE Logging out
S: 6 OK Logout completed.