[imp] Error when communication with the server

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Sat May 14 15:36:43 UTC 2016

----- Mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> ---------
    Data: Fri, 13 May 2016 23:05:33 +0300
      De: Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>
Assunto: Re: [imp] Error when communication with the server
    Para: "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>
      Cc: imp at lists.horde.org

> On 13 May 2016 at 19:47, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>
> wrote:
>

>> ----- Mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> ---------
>>    Data: Thu, 12 May 2016 16:20:13 +0300
>>      De: Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>
>> Assunto: Re: [imp] Error when communication with the server
>>    Para: mrubinsk at horde.org
>>      Cc: imp at lists.horde.org

>> I don't use webmail, since long ago I use to install Horde, IMP and other
>> Horde applications, so maybe my questions make no sense for you.
>>

> Actually, the fact that you 'don't use webmail' is what doesn't make sense
> for me. Does horde come with anything else for mail access? It doesn't have
> it's own built-in POP3/IMAP4 server/subsystem :-)

What I am saying is that I don't use "Horde Groupware Webmail
Edition", I use Horde + IMP, wich is Horde's Internet Mail Program
(IMP). It's another (old) way to install and configure.

What is in your imp/config/backends.local.php?

Mauricio

>> How exatly do you are "able to login to the admin interface"? Do you login
>> as a user that is configured to be Horde admin, or you are just granted
>> access to the admin interface as long as you don't log out?
>

> I use the user that is configured as Horde admin, which is a valid
> pop3/imap4 user on the server as well.
>

>> but when I click inbox, I get this message saying "error when

>> Have you take a look at the mail log?
>>

> My mail log? that would be imap4/pop3 log from dovecot. And yes, it shows I
> successfully logged in.
>

>> Can you use your mail sistem via another IMPA/POP3 program (cell phone,
>> Gmail, Thunderbird)?
>>

> Yes. I run Groupoffice <https://group-office.com/> on this system too, used
> by several users.
>

> M$ Outlook also works pretty well with pop3/imap4.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223
> "Oh, the cruft."

----- Final da mensagem de Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> -----

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Núcleo de Informática
CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão