[imp] ERR: HORDE IMP is marked as authenticated, but no credentials can be found in the session.

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:27:54 UTC 2017

Please do not top post.

On 27 Feb 2017 04:15, "Alex" <alex9434 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I had already tried both links that
you provided. Unfortunately both do not help to solve my problem.

> 1. Link 1 just states "There currently seem to be some issues with
sessions and custom session ids via RPC under certain circumstances that
are yet to be found." It provides no solution. Also the problem is
different: ActiveSync works for me! Its just that I cannot access the
webinterface for IMP (Kronolith, nag, etc. still working!)

If ActiveSync is working, then Horde is working and your issue is probably
stale webserver files What does your webserver logs say then?  Have you
cleared the cache?

> 2. Link 2 refers to database connection on port 3306. I do not use port
3306 but instead unix sockets. The database connection works for all other
PHP applications (e.g. adminer) on the same host, so I do not suspect this
to be an issue.

> I do not understand why you stated that "You're also not installing horde
in a manner recommended by the devs". Of course I followed the instructions
on

> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
>
> which should be the recommended way, no?

Yes.  And if you've installed via pear, that's great.  Your first post
could be interpreted that you were using Ubuntu packages.  Which is not the
recommended way.

> Everything worked without any problems, before I did an apt upgrade on
the underlying OS. Since all other apps continue to work without problem, I
think the issue might be specific to Horde and I was just looking for tips
on how to debug and find a solution.

> To your questions:
> 1. As per default, I use dovecot for authentication. Dovecot is
recommended by Horde.

> 2. Dovecot version 2.2.22, postfix version 3, PHP version 5.6.30

An OS upgrade, shouldn't affect Horde.  If the web ui is accessible at all
you could run phpinfo(); from the PHP shell.

In the worst case, you could backup all your Horde config files, delete the
Horde directory and install it again, copying the config files back one at
a time.

Simon

> Thank you for your support
> Alex
>
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On 26 Feb 2017 06:54, "Alex" <alex9434 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > using Horde Webmail on Ubuntu 16.04 with mariadb and php 5.6. Since
>> > updating with apt-get upgrade I cannot use IMP anymore because I get
the
>> > following error:
>> >
>> > IMP is marked as authenticated, but no credentials can be found in the
>> > session.
>> >
>> > The error log shows the following message:
>> >
>> > ERR: HORDE [imp] IMP is marked as authenticated, but no credentials
can be
>> > found in the session. [pid 489 on line 628 of
"/usr/local/share/horde/imp/

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000573865-Horde-error-IMP-is-marked-as-authenticated-but-no-credentials-can-be-found-in-the-session

>> Whilst it's more likely to be the first one, you should also not rule
out the second.

>> Also, it took a while on the dovecot and postfix lists to get you to
provide Version numbers for the software you're seeking help on.  Would be
great if you could do that here too.  No one cares that you're running
Ubuntu, or what version.

>> You have provided 0 information about the version of horde or imp;
whether you have a user backend, or authenticate with IMAP.

>> You're also not installing horde in a manner recommended by the devs,
(not that I am one) thus your request for assistance would be directed to
the Ubuntu package maintainer.