[imp] Unable to send mail (ERROR : "Address is missing domain")

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Mar 14 09:14:22 UTC 2017

Anand Palani wrote:
> 2).  what my problem is , when i am login into horde & IMP using my ldap
> username (Ex : anand) i am able to login,  when i am send mail but  I
> couldn't send mail (ERROR : "Address is missing domain").

AFAICS there are two things to consider in this case:

Is the 'maildomain' property of the mailserver you use in
backends.local.php properly configured?

Do you set a default value for the "from_addr" pref? If could either be
semi static (just appending some domain name to the username given) or
dynamic (e.g. by looking up the 'mail' attribute from the LDAP server
when a user is logging into Horde). You would need to write a proper
prefs_init hook for that.

Jens