[imp] Spam query

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sat Jun 24 00:12:50 UTC 2017

----- Message from Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> ---------
    Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:50:49 +0200
    From: Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>
Subject: Re: [imp] Spam query
      To: imp at lists.horde.org

> Citeren Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> My mail setup is doing a great job of keeping spam out of my inbox,
>> but I have a puzzle...
>>
>> I have a postfix setup that filers incoming email through
>> amavisd-new, including spamassassin. It is configured to dump
>> nothing, but send all email on, including spam, to Cyrus IMAP,
>> where a sieve script (set up using Ingo) includes:
>>
>> # Spam Filter
>>     10: if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains
>> "X-Spam-Level" "*****"  {
>>     11:     fileinto "INBOX/Spam";
>>     12:     stop;
>>     13: }
>>
>> So as i read that, spam that is flagged over 5 is routed into INBOX/Spam...
>>
>> True enough, in that folder are a lot of spam emails. BUT many of
>> them are NOT *****... for example this is in my Spam folder:

>> 	tests=[BAYES_50=0.8, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, RP_MATCHES_RCVD=-0.001,
>> 	SPF_PASS=-0.001, T_DKIM_INVALID=0.01] autolearn=no autolearn_force=no
>>
>> The email IS spam, so I'm not complaining that it's in there - but
>> I can't see WHAT put it in there. I'm getting a couple of false
>> positives which got me looking to see what spam is getting flagged.
>
> Could it be an IMAP client with build-in spam checking (like Mozilla
> Thunderbird for instance?) I agree that the above sieve rule should
> not trigger with the above message, but sometimes IMAP clients may
> also move spam out of the way.

Thanks Arjen. I'm not using any IMAP clients other than Imp or Horde
ActiveSync... which is why I'm puzzled. :)

Only other thing I can think of is that maybe Nine (my phone email
client) which is spam-folder-aware, may be dropping them in to there...

----- End message from Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org> -----

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16