[imp] New IMAP server, troubleshooting slow IMP performance

Christian Schoepplein c.schoepplein at musin.de
Wed Jul 26 07:39:51 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 12:07:26PM +1000, Simon Wilson wrote:
>I've just moved over to a new IMAP server on my local network, migrating IMAP
>from a CentOS 5 to a CentOS 7 server in the process. Horde/apache are on a
>separate server on the same network as both the old and new IMAP servers.
>
>I'm trying to troubleshoot laggy performance in Imp since the move.
>
>For example, refreshing the mail list in Inbox and deleting an email each
>take 3 to 4 seconds before the Refresh circle stops spinning and the list is
>updated. This is longer than it was before (1 to 2 seconds typically). It
>just means that overall Imp feels very slow.

Just a few ideas:

- Is your imap server respongding slow if you connect with another mail
  client, for example Thunderbird?
- Are other php scripts on your webserver where imp is running also
  reacting slow?
- Are the cache settings for horde and imp the same as they were in the
  old setup?
- Are the network settings, especialy routing and DNS, on the new
  webserver really OK?

Cheers,

  Schöpp