[imp] HTML email replies badly formatted

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Thu Mar 8 02:27:50 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I get a lot of html email, and I have my preference set to reply using
the same format as the original message.  When I go to reply to these
emails with imp, the reply is badly formatted.  There are multiple
line breaks everywhere within the response, and I have to actually
edit the original email to make it not look so slopy and
unprofessional.

This doesn't happen in Outlook or Thunderbird, so I'm pretty certain
it's in the way imp is interpreting the message, but I don't have any
real way to prove that other than what I see in how the email response
is formatted.  Has anyone found a fix or permanent workaround for
this?  How else are others dealing with it?  I had seen a suggestion a
while back in the archives, but that suggestion would then be broken
upon the new code upgrade.  I had tested this a while back with the
GIT checkout I had, and saw the same behavior.

Thank you in advance,

John